About the Course
Do you want to learn about metal clay but find that travelling to a class is not convenient? Then why not learn online at your leisure. We offer a range of online distance learning courses giving you outstanding value for money.
Learn how to use metal clay from the comfort of your own home via private Facebook groups all for a fraction of the cost of joining Tracey at her studio. You will have full access for 12 months with the option to extend for another year at a reduced fee.
How does It Work?
- Select the course you are interested in
- Follow the links to register and pay your fee
- Alternatively you contact us via email or phone & we will send you the details
- After payment is received, we will join you to a private Facebook group
- Only current course members are able to view the course information
- You will have full access to all the course materials for 12 months from the date you are added to the group
- Each course includes a series of step-by-step instructional videos
- Tracey pops in to each Facebook group page on a regular basis to answer questions, or to chat
- Students wishing to extend their registration into a 2nd year may do so for a heavily discounted registration fee
For a fraction of the cost of joining Tracey at her studio you get full detailed instructional videos & support documents as well as live interaction with Tracey for full support & to ask her any questions you might have. We also encourage you to post pictures of your achievements & chat with other group members.
Note: if you have purchased a gift voucher from CraftCourses do not use the Paypal option to book your workshop with Craftworx. Instead, contact Tracey Spurgin to make your booking directly via the phone or email form above.
If booking with a CraftCourses voucher for part or all of the course fee, please fill in the contact form above. Your voucher code must be provided at the point of booking.
What's included in the price?
This will depend on which course you register for. But in general, during the courses, the demonstrations will cover a specific number of project pieces; each piece demonstrated in a separate video. Some of the courses only include one project which will be quite complex and so the stages will be separated into different videos.
We also include bonus video material in each course. Again, this will vary depending on the course but will cover subjects such as
- Reconstitution & rehydration of silver clay
- Introduction to tools, materials & equipment & what alternatives you can use
- Health and safety
- Choosing & purchasing your materials
- Preparing your designs
- Preparation & handling of metal clay
- How to add textures, shapes & form
- Drying times & temperatures
- Pre-fire refinement & dry polishing techniques
- Firing methods & procedures
- How to reconstitute metal clay
- Storing your metal clay
- How to minimise wastage
Course dates are flexible; please get in touch for the next available date.
This craft course provider has been awarded Gold status for receiving 10 or more 5 star ratings from previous students.
The Students' Choice award ensures that course providers get recognised for their efforts in the teaching and practice of UK craft.
They also allow tutors to gain valuable feedback on their courses and for new students to find the course that's right for them.