Online live one-to-one candle business legislation designed to give you a detailed overview of the current legislation and how to stay legal.
If you are supplying i.e. selling goods to consumers you are responsible for the safety of the goods you supply. The level of responsibility depends on whether you are involved in the actual production of the goods as a producer, or you are a distributor.
Zaga is an award winning candle and fragrance consultant with over 16 years experience in the industry. Winner of the Lux Life Magazine Best Fragrance Consultant and Candle Designer 2020.
Who is this course suitable for?
Existing companies or new brands/individuals that act as a producer (importer, manufacturer, own-brander) and are legally responsible for ensuring products are safe and carry adequate instructions and warnings for consumers to use them safely.
Following the workshop: you will gain a full understanding of the legislation and how it affects your home fragrance business.
If you will be redeeming a CraftCourses gift voucher on this course, the voucher code must be provided at the point of booking.
You will learn:
-What is CLP?
- The steps needed to ensure your product complies and it is safe to be sold to the public
- Product Safety Directive and what it means to you?
- What trading standards expect from your product?
- Product labelling step by step explanation and interpretation
- Safety Pictograms with step by step explanation and interpretation
- Why you need to declare allergens on your label and steps to do so
- A demonstration of ready made labels and their interpretation
- A look at your business to see what you are lacking
- How to read SDS (Data Safety Sheets) and what to look for
- Collation of documentation for record keeping
- Useful contacts and website links and resources
Good internet connection.
This course is taught onlineSee more from this course organiser
This craft course provider has been awarded Platinum status for receiving 50 or more 5 star ratings from previous students.
The Students' Choice award ensures that course providers get recognised for their efforts in the teaching and practice of UK craft.
They also allow tutors to gain valuable feedback on their courses and for new students to find the course that's right for them.