NEW COURSE - 5 Day Creative & Craft Glamping Holidays - Willow Creations for the Home & Garden with Michelle Cain
Contact course provider
About the Course
Get away to Pembrokeshire in early summer, when the wild flowers are at their best.
Try one of our 5-day inspiring Creative & Craft holidays, get hands-on making, creating and learning whilst being taught by professional artists and artisans, whilst staying in one of our luxury fully equipped tents.
Michelle has worked as willow artist for over twenty years & has been commissioned for film, TV, nature & wildlife centres & summer festivals such as Glastonbury, Shambala & the Big Chill. She has even designed & planted the living willow garden at Top of the Woods & last year won the Jersey Architecture Design Awards 2017 for her Giant Toad trail
WHAT TO EXPECT FROM THE GLAMPING HOLIDAY COURSE
• Over 5 days you will design & create your own willow creations to decorate you camping & glamping pitch, your home and garden and take your creations home with you
• learn both contemporary & traditional weaving techniques and how to apply them to different willow structures
• Learn about willow and how to apply the different varieties to different types of structures
• Learn to use traditional hand tools for willow making
COURSE DETAILS - Max 12 Places
Suitable - Beginner to Advanced
• Sunday - Glamping check-in from 2pm
• Monday - Michelle will introduce you to the key principles of willow & weaving techniques. You will practice the technique by creating something to decorate glamping pitch, for example a willow heart, dreamer catchers, dragon fly or design your own glamping decorations
• Tuesday & Wednesday - Make a willow nature sculpture – using the contemporary willow weaving techniques, try a hare, badger, fox or go abstract!
• Thursday & Friday - You will be learning traditional basketry willow weaving techniques. Choose to make a traditional welsh basket, storage or log basket for your home. Or for the garden, a birdhouse & plant willow obelisk for your climbing flowers
FIND OUT MORE: https://www.topofthewoods.co.uk/creative-craft-glamping-holidays
If booking with a CraftCourses voucher for part or all of the course fee, please fill in the contact form above or telephone us. Your voucher code must be provided at the point of booking.
What's included in the price?
• One-person bookings will stay in the Glamping Bell Tents
• Two-person bookings will stay in the Glamping Pioneer Camps
• If you bring dogs, you will stay in the Glamping Pioneer Camps
• Jon cooks all his food from fresh & with quality ingredients
• Breakfast & lunch will be served in the Banquet Barn, unless you are on location, where you will be provided with a food pack to take with you
• Hot drinks & cakes will be available during your course
• If you have dietary requirements, please let us know when you book
What you need to bring
Materials & use of tools included in the price