Come join us at the China Petals studio for a fun, hands-on mosaicking experience!
At this China Petals workshop, you'll be shown how to cut tiles to make different shapes to create unique and attractive patterns. Here you'll have full creative freedom over your coaster design - with pre-made examples for inspiration. The session is all about exploring the versatility of mosaic and the developing your design with the materials available. The time allocated for the session should allow you to create a minimum of 2 coaster sized mosaics depending on the complexity of your designs.
Tea, coffee and biscuits are freely available during the workshop.
As the glue needs to dry for 24 hours before grouting I will give you a quick demonstration of how to mix and apply grout and you will be given instructions and a bag of powdered grout to take home at the end of the session. Alternatively you can book a grouting session and return to the studio to grout under my guidance.
Please note that my studio is on the 2nd floor of Banks Mill and there is no lift. However, the stairs are wide and there is a hand rail both sides. There is on-street metered parking, please check the street meter on the day for latest prices.
These workshops are great fun, ideal for beginners and improvers and are a great mindfulness activity. Children must be accompanied by a fee paying adult with a suggested minimum age of 10.
At the end of the session you will have mosaics to take home that you can be proud of, to use as coasters or to frame as mini pieces of art.
Terms & Conditions:
- I regret that I cannot offer refunds on bookings but offer to transfer bookings to another workshop where available. Alternatively you can transfer your workshop place to a friend.
- China Petals cannot be held responsible for any circumstances out of their control such as weather, traffic, pandemics or other external party issues.
- Should China Petals unfortunately have to cancel a workshop, they will contact you as soon as possible to offer another workshop date or a refund.
- The content, artist style and written materials of this workshop remains the property of China Petals and should not be reproduced for commercial gains without prior permission.
- This workshop is intended for beginners and those who like to mosaic as a hobby. If you intend to sell your work please contact me so a more appropriate workshop can be offered.
- Please make sure I have your full contact details when booking.
Refunds are not available on this booking. Start dates may be amended on request.
All materials plus tea, coffee and biscuits
3 hours (10:00am to 1:00pm)
This craft course provider has been awarded Gold status for receiving 10 or more 5 star ratings from previous students.
The Students' Choice award ensures that course providers get recognised for their efforts in the teaching and practice of UK craft.
They also allow tutors to gain valuable feedback on their courses and for new students to find the course that's right for them.
3 hours (10:00am to 1:00pm)