You will be taken through all the steps to create a unique abstract & textural canvases under the expert tuition of Liz Dixon, approved Powertex Trainer.
You will learn lots of tips & techniques throughout the day to enable you to continue with your own Powertex projects at home. During the day we will experiment with texture & applied mixed media to create your artwork.
Where possible, we aim to use recycled textiles & found object in our workshops. If you have a piece of natural fibre material that you wish to incorporate into your work, then please feel free to bring this along with you & we can advise if it is suitable to use. However, all materials & protective gloves/aprons are included in the cost of the workshop.
We will be using products from the Powertex range - a versatile selection of eco-friendly art products that can be used to create art works & sculpture for the home & garden.
Shorter taster session workshops are also available, or why not book a talk, demo or mini make for your craft club or social group? We are happy to travel anywhere within the NN or OX postcode areas - please contact us to discuss your requirements.
If you will be redeeming a CraftCourses gift voucher on this course, the voucher code must be provided at the point of booking.
All materials, aprons, gloves & tools provided.
Tea, coffee & soft drinks included
Please can we request that long hair is tied back, & rings/bracelets are removed before attending.
Please bring a packed lunch.
* Important COVID-19 information *
The following measures will be taken to ensure safety to Artistic ReTreats customers on all workshops:
• Workshops will be limited to 1:1 bookings or a maximum of 2 students from the same household to ensure social distancing;
• Hand sanitiser will be available for use throughout workshops;
• Disposable gloves & aprons will continue to be supplied;
• Disposable face masks will be available;
• 2m table distancing.
• Additional cleaning regimes have been put in place in both the studio & cloakroom facilities;
• Students will be given sole use of the cloakroom facilities, accessed through a ‘students only’ entry;
• Paper hand towels will be available in the cloakroom for hand drying;
• Foot-operated pedal bins have been installed in the studio & the cloakroom to minimise hand contact.
To avoid disappointment, if there is a workshop that you wish to attend but with no available slots, then please contact us to arrange an alternative date.
This craft course provider has been awarded Bronze status for receiving 1 or more 5 star ratings from previous students.
The Students' Choice award ensures that course providers get recognised for their efforts in the teaching and practice of UK craft.
They also allow tutors to gain valuable feedback on their courses and for new students to find the course that's right for them.
1 day (flexible times to suit)
Please select available date: