A wonderful introduction to mosaic and how to recycle fine china to create an eye catching design. A great way to relax, have fun and get creative.
Over 3 hours you will learn how to nip down china cups, saucers and plates to make little china tiles and combine them with traditional mosaic tiles to create your own mosaic bird or hanging heart or choose another shape from the variety available.
There will be a grouting demonstration so you will have confidence to grout your mosaic at home when the glue has dried.
All materials are included in the price including a bag of grout and written instructions of how to grout. Tea, coffee and biscuits will be freely available during the session.
Places are limited and Covid measures will be in place if Government guidelines dictate. This workshop maybe be postponed if there are any changes in the Government Covid Roadmap which prevents groups getting together indoors.
Please note that my studio is on the 2nd floor of Banks Mill and there is no lift. However, the stairs are wide and there is a hand rail both sides. There is on street metered parking please check the street meter on the day for latest prices.
Children are welcome to take part as they can use mosaic tiles which do not require cutting. They must be accompanied by a paying adult and I suggest a minimum age of 8. Please contact me if you have any questions.
My workshops are great fun no matter how artistic you are and you will take away a mosaic that you will be proud to display.
Terms & Conditions on booking:
- I regret that I cannot offer refunds on bookings but offer to transfer bookings to another workshop where available. Alternatively you can transfer your workshop place to a friend.
- China Petals cannot be held responsible for any circumstances out of their control such as weather, traffic, pandemics or other external party issues.
- Should China Petals unfortunately have to cancel a workshop, they will contact you as soon as possible to offer another workshop date or a refund.
- The content, artist style and written materials of this workshop remains the property of China Petals and should not be reproduced for commercial gains without prior permission.
- This workshop is intended for beginners and those who like to mosaic as a hobby. If you intend to sell your work please contact me so a more appropriate workshop can be offered.
- Please make sure I have your full contact details when booking.
Refunds are not available on this booking. Start dates may be amended on request.
All tools and materials are provided
3 hours (10:00am to 1:00pm)
This craft course provider has been awarded Gold status for receiving 10 or more 5 star ratings from previous students.
The Students' Choice award ensures that course providers get recognised for their efforts in the teaching and practice of UK craft.
They also allow tutors to gain valuable feedback on their courses and for new students to find the course that's right for them.