Studios today are looking for talented animators who are proficient in 2D or 3D animation using industry standard software.
This course responds to this need, developing your skills in character animation using Maya.
This course will benefit professionals (and students) who wish to develop their artistic and technical skills in all aspects of animation.
On this course, you will:
- learn about the twelve principles of animation, the same principles that were developed by the ‘old men of animation’ - and why it is a must for every animator to master
- learn how to bring a 2D or 3D biped or quadruped character and prop to life
- understand the importance of storyboarding
- learn how to create your own staging and camera works
- work with Cintiq drawing tablets to aid the process
- learn the secret of how to create believable, realistic facial expressions and lip syncs
- learn how to create 3D scene sequences, layouts and camera shots (an advantage for anyone interested in game design).
The course is delivered in a stimulating workshop environment through informative step-by-step tutorials and one-to-one guidance.
What will you gain?
By the end of the course, you’ll have 2D and 3D animation samples which can be used in your portfolio, along with photo-realistic renders of your work (using Arnold).
You will also have the confidence and understanding of professional techniques and workflow processes.
Entry requirement: You must be computer literate and have some experience with 2D or 3D applications such as Photoshop, Sculptis or Blender.
Here's what our previous attendees have said:
"I loved being able to develop my own short project each week!" CA
Tutor biography: Jojo Young has worked in the animation industry for over twenty years.
He has worked for Fox Animation Studios (USA) and Animagic Studios (Spain) before moving to the UK and working for a variety of animation and games studios at a senior level.
Jojo is a member of the Film Animators Guild.
He has also worked as a commissioned artist, and as a painter at Science Ltd (Damien Hirst).
Click through above to book your place online.
If you have mobility issues, please let us know in advance so that we can be sure to accommodate your needs.
If you will be redeeming a CraftCourses gift voucher on this course, the voucher code must be provided at the point of booking.
What's included in the price?
20 hours of quality tuition with experienced tutor.
Certificate of attendance upon completion.
Indicative class size: 8
Creative Short Courses at Nottingham Trent University
50 Shakespeare Street Nottingham Nottinghamshire NG1 4FQ