Under the expert guidance of Harriett you will create a gorgeous and unique metal framed purse. Firstly you will select and learn how to piece together suitable fabrics to cut out in the purse pattern. You will then be taught various embellishing skills such as hand stitch, appliqué and sewing beads and sequins on to the fabric.
Next you’ll make a lining and then sew the pieces together and box the bottom of your purse using a sewing machine. Finally you will attach your beautiful fabric purse to its metal frame. Tutor Harriett has studied screen-printing at the London College of Printing and Surface Pattern Design at Swansea Metropolitan University.
If you will be redeeming a CraftCourses gift voucher on this course, the voucher code must be provided at the point of booking.
• One day of professional textiles tuition from Harriett Chapman
• A spacious work area is allocated to each student along with their own set of tools and equipment to use while they’re here.
• All materials required are provided but if you have your own special fabric you would like to use then bring it along.
• Delicious coffees, cakes and lunches can be purchased on the day from the Stiwdio 3 café
• Maximum 6 participants per class
This craft course provider has been awarded Gold status for receiving 10 or more 5 star ratings from previous students.
The Students' Choice award ensures that course providers get recognised for their efforts in the teaching and practice of UK craft.
They also allow tutors to gain valuable feedback on their courses and for new students to find the course that's right for them.