This studio workshop is a chance to have some fun making a mosaic stepping stone that you can put into a patio, flower bed or build into a path.
We will spend the first half of the session making up a mosaic design using frost resistant glazed porcelain tile pieces. Once complete, we will then mix up concrete and mortar in buckets and cast our mosaic stepping stones in circular moulds.
It will be necessary to either return to collect your stepping stone or arrange for it to be sent to your address as these stepping stones need to set, undisturbed, for a minimum of 48 hours after casting!
• Experienced and knowledgeable tutor
• Extensive stock of mosaic materials
• Studio is 5 minutes’ walk from Piccadilly Station, Manchester
• Secure car parking available by arrangement
• Suitable for beginners
• Relaxed and friendly atmosphere
• Opportunity to see the studios of other artists & makers at Cakebread Workshop
The studio is 5 minutes’ walk from Piccadilly Station.
With adequate notice, I can reserve a secure car park space for you for the whole day @ £3.50.
Cancellation and a full refund can be obtained up to 2 weeks before the course starts. Start dates may be amended on request.
• All tools provided
• Coffee, tea & herbal teas throughout the day
• Course notes and suppliers list to take with you
• Goody bag (includes materials to complete your piece if unfinished)
• Wide selection of materials to choose from (included in the ticket price!)
This craft course provider has been awarded Silver status for receiving 5 or more 5 star ratings from previous students.
The Students' Choice award ensures that course providers get recognised for their efforts in the teaching and practice of UK craft.
They also allow tutors to gain valuable feedback on their courses and for new students to find the course that's right for them.