About the Course
This full day workshop in the studio is the perfect introduction to the wonderful world of mosaic making, taught by a professional artist with almost 30 years' experience.
You will learn how to use cutting tools for glass, ceramic and stone, find out about different types of substrate and adhesives and learn how to grout.
With a fabulously wide selection of material to choose from, you will have everything at your fingertips to create a mosaic of your own to take away with you.
It will be small group (usually 4) so you can have as much technical and design help as you need in a relaxed and friendly environment with plenty of encouragement that is suitable for beginners.
• Experienced and knowledgeable tutor
• Extensive stock of mosaic materials
• Studio is 5 minutes’ walk from Piccadilly Station, Manchester
• Secure car parking available by arrangement
• Relaxed and friendly atmosphere
• Opportunity to see the studios of other artists & makers at Cakebread Workshop
The studio is 5 minutes’ walk from Piccadilly Station. Unit 3, 48 Cakebread Street, Ardwick, Manchester M12 6HF.
With adequate notice, I can reserve a secure car park space for you for the whole day @ £3.50.
If booking with a CraftCourses voucher for part or all of the course fee, please fill in the contact form above. Your voucher code must be provided at the point of booking.
What's included in the price?
• All tools provided
• Coffee, tea & herbal teas throughout the day
• Course notes and suppliers list to take with you
• Goody bag (includes materials to complete your piece if unfinished)
• Wide selection of materials to choose from (included in the ticket price!)
I recently took part in a glass appliqué class, making a Mandela Mosaic, glass on glass. I really enjoyed my day and was very happy with it. I have some experience cutting glass, but learnt several new cutting tips that will be very useful. We also experimented with different glues, discussed design and grouting. I found Tracey's experience of mosaic and Caroline's experience of stained glass to be a very good combination of skills. Both were very friendly and knowledgeable, both very approachable. The workshop was well-organised too. No complaints. Very happy.
Heather Elliott - - #23093
This craft course provider has been awarded Bronze status for receiving 1 or more 5 star ratings from previous students.
The Students' Choice award ensures that course providers get recognised for their efforts in the teaching and practice of UK craft.
They also allow tutors to gain valuable feedback on their courses and for new students to find the course that's right for them.