Design and make your very own "work from home" outfit, loungewear or pjs! This course is a bundle of our three "Learn to sew" courses:
"Tops and T-shirts"
The course comes with a FREE Sewing machine crash course.
You will learn how to make simple patterns based on your own personal measurements, which means that EVERYBODY will make garments for their size! Once purchased, the course is available for life - we don't put any time restrictions, as we understand that everyone is learning in their own pace. All the videos can be watched as many times as needed.
The aim of the course is to give you an understanding of how patterns are made, how they can be adjusted and played around. I will show you how to make garments step by step, but it is on you to get creative and experiment!
READYMADE PATTERNS ARE NOT INCLUDED: the goal of the course is to teach you the basic principles of making your own patterns! Once you learn this, you'll realise that you don't need ready-made patterns.
If you have any questions or concerns, please click 'Chat with the Maker' first. There are no refunds after you have taken the course.
If you'd like to purchase a single module only (£45), please check our "Learn to sew" short courses by clicking 'More from this maker'.
Welcome to the course
TOPS & T-SHIRTS
• Learn to draft your first simple top pattern
• Learn to alter this pattern and create new designs
• Learn three ways to finish with the neckline
• Learn to work with stretchy fabrics
• Learn to work with cotton
• Learn to make a T-shirt from jersey fabric
• Learn to make a cotton top
HOODY & HOODY DRESS
• Learn to draft the best hood pattern
• Learn to make the comfiest hood
• Learn about fabrics used for hoodies
• Learn to make a double-sided hood
• Learn to make lace for a hood
• Learn to make cuffs
• Learn to make puffy sleeves
• Learn to make a hoodie
• Learn to make a hoodie dress
• Learn how trousers are made
• Learn to draft a basic trousers pattern based on your measurements
• Learn to make deep pockets for your trousers
• Learn to work with linen
• Learn to make an elasticated belt with ties
• Learn to make folded hems
• Learn to make wide trousers
• Learn to make shorts
Sewing machine crash course
Sewing machine, fabrics of your choice, iron, measuring tape, tracing paper or a4 paper & tape, pencil, tailor's chalk or marker, pins & needles.
This course is taught online
This craft course provider has been awarded Bronze status for receiving 1 or more 5 star ratings from previous students.
The Students' Choice award ensures that course providers get recognised for their efforts in the teaching and practice of UK craft.
They also allow tutors to gain valuable feedback on their courses and for new students to find the course that's right for them.
1000 items available