Tunisian (or Afghan) crochet is considered a mixture of knitting and crochet, although you don't need any experience of either to learn this craft. This workshop is suitable for complete beginners who have never knitted or crocheted before, or for anyone who currently knits or crochets, and would like to diversify their skill set.
This workshop teaches you how to Tunisian crochet in rows.
By the end of this workshop you will:
* Grasp the basic terminology, including the forward pass & return pass
* Know what specialised equipment is needed
* Understand how your hook size, tension, and yarn weight affects the outcome of your finished piece
* Be able to cast a foundation chain and complete the first row forward pass (in simple stitch)
* Successfully complete the return pass, and continue in rows using the simple stitch
* (Skill permitting) Complete or observe the method of the Tunisian knit stitch
* Learn how to cast (bind) off and finish your piece
Cancellation and a full refund can be obtained up to 2 weeks before the course starts. Start dates may be amended on request.
2 hour live tuition
After course support and follow up
Access to the internet via a PC, laptop, tablet or smartphone
A recommended materials link will be sent prior to the course with a link to the recommended equipment
This course is taught online
This craft course provider has been awarded Gold status for receiving 10 or more 5 star ratings from previous students.
The Students' Choice award ensures that course providers get recognised for their efforts in the teaching and practice of UK craft.
They also allow tutors to gain valuable feedback on their courses and for new students to find the course that's right for them.
2 hours (11:00am to 1:00pm)