Focus on a Zero Waste goal in your bathroom, come and join us!
Try this live online class and learn how to make beautiful natural soap from home. Using plant-based, skin-loving ingredients to make your soap, you can be confident that your finished product will leave you feeling clean and soft. This amazing DIY craft takes your shower-time to the next level.
Guided by your expert teacher, Lucie, you'll learn soap making using the traditional cold process. You will cover how to use different essential oils and how their varying properties can benefit your skin. You'll also be taught how to formulate your own recipes so that you can take your new skills away to create more soaps in the future.
Your class covers:
- An introduction to your kit and how to use your tools safely and effectively.
- How to make traditional cold process soap.
- How to create your own scent blend from essential oils and how to colour your soap using minerals or botanicals.
- How to work safely with lye.
- How to formulate your own recipes using a lye calculator.
- The properties and benefits of soap making oils.
- A step by step guide on how to make your soap bar.
Cancellation and a full refund can be obtained up to 2 weeks before the course starts. Start dates may be amended on request.
Attendees must have their own ingredients. A list will be sent, with names of suppliers if needed..
This course is taught online
2 hours (flexible times to suit)
This craft course provider has been awarded Silver status for receiving 5 or more 5 star ratings from previous students.
The Students' Choice award ensures that course providers get recognised for their efforts in the teaching and practice of UK craft.
They also allow tutors to gain valuable feedback on their courses and for new students to find the course that's right for them.