Our Ribber Attachment Class will teach you how to create double bed fabrics and techniques with the ribber bed attachment. These techniques work particularly well for interiors & fashion.
You will learn how to:
- Knit more technical and challenging techniques
- Set up the ribber attachment on your knitting machine
- Cast on and off double bed knitting
- Set up rib structures and knit 1×1 and 2×2 ribs
- Use the racking technique and create movement in your work
- Create tubes using circular knitting
- Transfer double bed knitting to a single bed machine using a transfer tool
Knit double bed fabrics and explore the possibilities of creating texture and patterns.
We teach on the following domestic knitting machines: Brother Domestic Knitting Machines, Model KH836 & KH881&, Ribber Attachment KR850.
At the end of the class, you’ll have a collection of experimental double bed swatches, which can be further developed into your own designs.
About the Knithub 24 Experience:
- Learn 'live' and online, from the comfort of your home
- Fun and upbeat classes!
- Train with highly-qualified tutors
- Learn some amazing machine knitting techniques and ask questions directly to the tutor
- Troubleshoot any problems you've encountered
- All class times are quoted at BST
Suitable for: Those who have completed our Advanced Class or who have a good grounding in intermediate knitting and want to take their skills to the next level.
How to Book: Please book your place using the 'Book online' button above. Please book early to avoid disappointment! Once you have booked and paid for your class, you will receive a unique link along with all the relevant details you will need to join ‘Live’ on the day. Don’t forget to save the Live Online Class dates to your calendar! Happy Knitting!
Knithub 24 also runs hand knitting, crochet and macrame classes in London. Click on 'More courses run at this centre' below, to find out what we do.
We look forward to seeing you!
If you will be redeeming a CraftCourses gift voucher on this course, the voucher code must be provided at the point of booking.
What you will need
Yarns, Tools and Technical Notes: A domestic knitting machine, two cones of different coloured yarns (in different thicknesses – fine to chunky), claw weights, single, double and triple prong transfer tools, a double eyelet transfer tool, 1/1 & 2/2 needle pusher, scissors and a ribber attachment and knitting accessories suitable for your knitting machine. A set of ‘how to’ notes will be emailed to you before the class.