Learn how to spin your own yarn for complete beginners.
Come and give yourself some time to relax.
Enjoy a beautiful and peaceful environment in the Welsh hills.
Have fun spinning your first yarns and carding your fiber.
Have all the time you need to be creative.
You are welcome to enjoy the land and practice your yarn spinning outside between lessons.
Held up here in these stunning Welsh hills at our little retreat centre, a beautiful space, with peaceful accommodation, and full of creative energy! If weather allows we may be able to light the campfire and spin yarn together outside.
Friday - Arrive from 2pm and settle in, then meet in the studio to get your fiber parcels, and unwrap your fiber selection box for an evening of learning to card your wools to prepare it for handspinning on Saturday.
Saturday - Morning session - Spin your first skein of yarn. Evening - Spinalong with help whenever needed.
Sunday - Morning session - How to ply your yarn into a two ply, and how to skein and set your yarns. Afternoon demo - Creative carding of colours, textures and scraps, fun fiber prep for something exciting to spin when you get home.
There are only 3 residential spaces (self catering), and two daytime passes for local people available.
Accommodation available is as follows:
*Farm Cottage - 4 spaces - The cottage has two bedrooms, each with single beds. There is a large shared full kitchen/dining room, two bathrooms, and a comfortable living room.
* Shared cabin - 2 spaces - The cabin is open plan with 3 beds, a sofa, a kitchen area with a fridge, sink (running cold water only - kettle for boiling washing up water) a double hotplate stove. The shared bathroom is in little bathroom cabin, with toilet, sink, shower and micro bath, hot and cold water, is outdoors, situated right next to the cabin.
* The Fairy Pod - 1 space available - The pod is a beautiful outdoor bedroom, with double bed. Shared kitchen space is available in the farm cottage, or you could bring a camping stove if you would prefer to do some outdoor cooking. The shared bathrooms are in little bathroom cabin or the farm cottage.
* One space is available for a campervan
Refunds are not available on this booking. Start dates may be amended on request.
Prices include accommodation for residential guests, activities or classes planned, fiber for spinning, bedding and towels for accommodation, teas and coffee.
I have two spare spinning wheels and equipment here for you to work with throughout your stay, or you are very welcome to bring your own wheel.
*****You will need to bring with you:
* Food for throughout your stay - bring along what you would love to eat throughout your stay (there are local supermarkets & shops in nearby towns of Welshpool & Newtown, and a Spar shop in Montgomery).
* Suitable footwear - if you enjoy walks and would love to explore the local countryside. Hopefully the weather will be dry, but just incase you may need to bring along a pair of wellies and a raincoat.
* House slippers - all the indoor spaces are shoe free.
3 days (2:00pm to 1:00pm)
3 days (2:00pm to 1:00pm)