Our Lace Carriage Knitting Class will teach you how to use a lace carriage on your domestic knitting machine. Take your skills to the next level by adding beautiful eyelet patterns to create lace swatches.
You will learn how to:
- Knit with more challenging techniques
- Set up a lace punch card on your knitting machine
- Set up a lace carriage on your knitting machine and transfer stitches onto needles for lace punch card patterns
- Experiment with pre-punched lace cards to create texture in your work
We teach on the following domestic knitting machines: Brother Domestic Knitting Machines, Model KH836 & KH881&. In this class we will also use a Lace Carriage.
At the end of the class, you’ll have a collection of experimental lace swatches which can be developed further into your design ideas for fashion, interiors, and accessories.
About the Knithub 24 Experience:
- Learn 'live' and online, from the comfort of your home
- Fun and upbeat classes!
- Train with highly-qualified tutors
- Learn some amazing machine knitting techniques and ask questions directly to the tutor
- Troubleshoot any problems you've encountered
- All class times are quoted at BST
Suitable for: Those who have completed our Intermediate Class or who have a good grounding in intermediate knitting and want to take their skills to the next level.
How to Book: Please book your place using the 'Make a booking request' button above. Please book early to avoid disappointment! Once you have booked and paid for your class, you will receive a unique link along with all the relevant details you will need to join ‘Live’ on the day. Don’t forget to save the Live Online Class dates to your calendar! Happy Knitting!
Knithub 24 also runs hand knitting, crochet and macrame classes in London. Click on 'More courses run at this centre' below, to find out what we do.
We look forward to seeing you!
If you will be redeeming a CraftCourses gift voucher on this course, the voucher code must be provided at the point of booking.
What you will need
Yarns, Tools and Technical Notes: A domestic knitting machine, two cones of different coloured yarns (in different thicknesses – fine to chunky), claw weights, single and double point transfer tool, scissors, a set of pre punched lace cards, punch card clips and a lace carriage. A set of ‘how to’ notes will be emailed to you before the class.