Kokedama: Hanging Garden
Contact course provider
About the Course
On a recent visit to Australia, I fell in love with the shop displays in Burleigh Heads that included suspended string plants. I found out that these were ‘kokedama’; a centuries old form of garden art that originated in Japan and similar to the technique of bonsai. The trend is growing in the UK and hanging indoor gardens are fun to make. Come and join us a make your very own kokedama.
What you will learn during the workshop;
- Explore the Japanese art of kokedama :
- Discuss the selection of plants most suited to kokedama;
- Discuss the tools, equipment and materials required for kokedama;
- Follow health and safety procedures;
- Make a kokedama using moss;
- Make a kokedama using coconut matting;
- Discuss the care of your kokedama.
This workshop is suitable for;
Adults with an interest in the Japanese art of kokedama. No previous experience is required. The workshop is suitable for beginners as well as those with previous experience of gardening.
If booking with a CraftCourses voucher for part or all of the course fee, please fill in the contact form above or telephone us. Your voucher code must be provided at the point of booking.
What's included in the price?
All materials for the kokedama workshop are provided,
Tea/Coffee and homemade cake
At the end of this workshop, you will take home two hand finished kokedama using moss/coconut matting.