The emphasis is on learning fundamental skills through designing, making and constructing exciting wearable objects. You will gain knowledge and experience of hand tool techniques, creating, assembling and finishing techniques, which will culminate in a self-directed project where you can make and create a piece or collection of jewellery.
• explore a variety of different jewellery techniques such as saw piercing, using hand tools and assembling jewellery.
• produce a range of test pieces and developments
• design, develop and make a small collection of wearable finished items
• apply and practice finishing skills such as filling and polishing
• attain an awareness of materials suppliers and industry services
• understand and observe correct studio practice / Health and Safety rules
If you will be redeeming a CraftCourses gift voucher on this course, the voucher code must be provided at the point of booking.
What's included in the price?
Basic materials and equipment provided. We do not provide gems or precious metals - your tutor will advise you where to get these.