Learn this simple and highly effective technique and create a beautiful textile origami sample! Textile origami surfaces are perfect for craft projects, to apply onto soft furnishings or use in textile based work. This technique will also help you add a special touch to your clothes.
Cancellation and a full refund can be obtained up to 2 weeks before the course starts. Start dates may be amended on request.
This is an online workshop, which will be held via Zoom. Therefore you need to have your own materials at hand.
As part of this workshop you will create a textile origami sample. For this you will need:
- A4 paper 3 - 5 sheets
- glue stick, ruler, sharp pencil and paper scissors
- A4 size non-stretch medium weight woven fabric (for example calico, medium weight cotton or linen)
- A4 piece of felt (thin to medium thickness); you can use a bigger piece if you prefer
- fabric scissors
- iron and ironing board; a sleeve ironing board would be sufficient in size - if you have it available
- a sewing machine and thread of choice (if you don't own a sewing machine you can use hand sewing needles instead)
This course is taught online
3 hours (10:00am to 1:00pm)
The course doesn’t currently have live datesContact the tutor for more information