Learn the basics of tapestry weaving and make a gorgeous textured wallhanging with Barbara.
Barbara is a mainly self taught fibre enthusiast. A retired qualified teacher she has now got time to develop the textile dreams she has always wanted to explore.
Learn the basics of tapestry weaving on a one day course with Barbara. You will make a beautiful textured wallhanging using wool and fabric. You will leave with a piece of weaving and the skills to develop this absorbing and relaxing craft.
All materials will be provided. If you have a particular yarn you’d like to use then please bring it along. Handspun yarn will be available to buy for a small additional charge.
You will learn:
• Introduction to design; considering yarn and colours for the effect you want
• Some simple technical terms
• How to warp your loom and choose appropriate yarn for this
• 3 weaving stitches
• How to keep your edges straight
• Weave a simple shape into the piece (round or triangle)
• How to take it off the loom
• How to finish and display your work
If you don’t have time to take your piece off the loom or if you prefer, you can display it on the frame.
If you will be redeeming a CraftCourses gift voucher on this course, the voucher code must be provided at the point of booking.
What's included in the price?
Teas provided. Delicious cakes and lunches are available to purchase from the café should you wish.
Suzi Park at Make it in Wales
Stiwdio 3 3 High Street Cardigan Ceredigion SA43 1HJ