I would like people to have the opportunity to learn about keeping bees sustainably so have made the following arrangements for my on-site courses:
- the course will be held in my garden (weather permitting)
- maximum 2 households in attendance
- social distancing will be observed at all times
- hand washing and toilet facilities are available without going in to the house
- notes will be emailed to you the day before so you can print them off and bring them with you (please bring your own pens and notebook)
- I am offering a Tuesday or a Saturday afternoon (2-4/5) to allow for flexibility (please email to discuss suitable dates)
- obviously if you (or I) have any symptoms, course attendance will be postponed
- strict hygiene measures will be taken but there will still be delicious tea, coffee and homemade biscuits!
Please read on...
Would you like to know how to keep bees sustainably, on a small scale? Or are you just intrigued to know what goes on inside that enigmatic wooden box...Maybe you have heard about the plight of our bees and want to understand how to best help them.
Many people would like a colony of honeybees in their garden, and on this course I will show you how a hive works, and how to keep your bees happy and healthy with minimal intervention.
Topics covered include:
What type of hive
Where to site your hive
Overview of sustainable management
Plants for your bees
There will also be a chance to ask questions and discuss how we can all help out our pollinators.
Please note that we don't open up a hive on this occasion (you will learn why on the course!) so there is no need for equipment. For those people who are wanting to go ahead and keep bees, then do stay on for the Introductory Plus. We will have a short break and then carry on to look at the basics in more detail, where we will also talk about setting up a hive, building frames and go in to more detail about getting started. We will go and have a look at the apiary but if the weather is awful, I do have back up plans in place! Please contact me for prices and details.
If you would like a bespoke course about beekeeping or bees in general I am very happy to accommodate a small group as a special event, tailored to your needs. Discounts available for multiple bookings, as well as 14-21 year olds and university students. Please do get in touch.
If you will be redeeming a CraftCourses gift voucher on this course, the voucher code must be provided at the point of booking.
What's included in the price?
A hand out of the information covered is provided but you are welcome to take notes.
Refreshments: tea, herbal tea and proper coffee and homemade cake.
Jennifer Moore at Wayward Bee
3 Shawpits Cottages Mill Lane Hellingly, Hailsham East Sussex BN27 4HD