Wanted to sew but have absolutely no idea where to start? Well fear no more - we have the perfect solution!
You can now extend your thread of knowledge with this sewing workshop for beginners. Join Craig and the rest of the Fashion Box team for this two-hour class offering an introduction to domestic sewing machines.
After getting to grips with threading, you'll also have the opportunity to explore different stitching techniques and seams, all with easy techniques provided by your fashion host.
During the second half of the workshop, you will choose from a selection of fabrics to design and make your own face mask, todays 'must-have' accessory.
1. Understanding the sewing machine and its functions
2. Threading on your bobbin and inserting in the machine
3. Threading the top threads - tips on what can go wrong and how to rectify
4. Sewing with fabric for the first time
5. Backstitiching and securing your row of stitches
6. Experimenting with all the different stitch styles on your machine - and their uses
7. Sewing in straight line, around corners, around curves and spirals - using the foot control
8. Overlock / Zig-zag stitch to prep your fabrics for wearability
9. Sewing your first seam
10. Design and make your face mask
Don't miss out on this fantastic introduction where you're sure to leave understanding the basics of using a sewing machine, and ready to tackle your first garment!
Your safety is important to us!
We will now be reducing the size of the workshop from 10 people to 5-6 people per class, to adhere to the social distancing measures. Therefor this workshop is now reduced to a 2 hour workshop. This will be reviewed in September.
As we are reducing the class numbers, it is important that students adhere and respect our cancellation policy, until we can get business back to normal, and teach at the required capacity.
On entering, we will have sanitiser stations for you to to freshen up. All machinery, sewing stations, and tools you will be using, will be sanitised before you arrive, and between each session.
At your sewing station you will also have sanitiser wipes, should you feel you need to use them.
Our lavatories are communal, but they will be supplied with santiser wipes, hand wash and disposable towels.
If you will be redeeming a CraftCourses gift voucher on this course, the voucher code must be provided at the point of booking.
Everything is provided on the day.