Course Provider: Bodgerjohn
Contact Name: BodgerJohn
Telephone: 0798 224 7570
Course Length: 1 Day
0 star rating, 0 reviewers.
This one day workshop covers the following topics and activities:
- Differences between working with greenwood and seasoned wood
- Safety and Assessment of Risk
- Log cleaving with a froe
- Trimming a cleaved blank using an axe
- Shaving horse and draw-knife technique
- Pole-lathe turning; using all common chisels and gouges
At the end of this workshop you will have practical, hands-on experience of:
- producing a cleaved and trimmed blank from a log ready for turning;
- setting up and using a pole-lathe;
- selection and use of appropriate tools;
- basic pole-lathe turning techniques.
- producing a turned item of your choice
What's included in the price?
The course includes all materials.
Browse all UK
Wood turning courses