Introduction to Pole-lathe Turning
Contact course provider
About the Course
This one day workshop covers the following topics and activities:
- Differences between working with greenwood and seasoned wood
- Safety and Assessment of Risk
- Log cleaving with a froe
- Trimming a cleaved blank using an axe
- Shaving horse and draw-knife technique
- Pole-lathe turning; using all common chisels and gouges
At the end of this workshop you will have practical, hands-on experience of:
- producing a cleaved and trimmed blank from a log ready for turning;
- setting up and using a pole-lathe;
- selection and use of appropriate tools;
- basic pole-lathe turning techniques.
- producing a turned item of your choice
Courses and workshops are run between May and October.
They are run outside on grass (with some limited shelter). Dates are dependent on weather conditions and ground conditions prevailing.
If booking with a CraftCourses voucher for part or all of the course fee, please fill in the contact form above or telephone us. Your voucher code must be provided at the point of booking.
What's included in the price?
The course includes all materials.
Review this course
Course Start Dates
Course dates are flexible; please get in touch for the next available date.
Browse all UK Wood turning courses