About the Course
This course is aimed at someone who has an interest and basic skills in photography and wants to develop the skills and knowledge required for news photography.
The course is designed for an enthusiastic amateur photographer, or a professional with limited photography experience.
It’s a unique opportunity to take your skills in a different direction.
This course begins with a brief history of photojournalism - how it all began and the iconic images through time.
This will then be followed by a variety of technical workshops, lectures and practical assignments (including a free day to work on your project independently).
On this course you will:
- visit city locations to undertake photoshoots
- explore the principles and practices of photography
- enhance your communication skills (verbal, written and photographic) to achieve journalistic endeavour
- equip yourself with the skills required to produce images of publishable quality that meet industry standards
- build confidence to speak with the public to create the desired images
- learn how to write clear and accurate captions and news stories
- be able to offer constructive critique to peers, and reflect on your own learning journey.
You will also be introduced to the principles of basic photographic law to protect you in the field.
What will I gain?
You will leave this course with the knowledge of what makes a good news image, and how the industry works.
You’ll also have new technical skills and the beginnings of a professional-looking portfolio which showcases photo editing using Adobe Lightroom and Spark.
Click through above to book your place online.
Please note that if you have a CraftCourses gift voucher you would like to use as full or part payment of this course fee, the booking will need to be made via telephone (number above).
If booking with a CraftCourses voucher for part or all of the course fee, please fill in the contact form above or telephone us. Your voucher code must be provided at the point of booking.
What's included in the price?
Four days (plus one independent project day) of quality tuition with an experienced tutor. Maximum class size: 14.
This craft course provider has been awarded Bronze status for receiving 1 or more 5 star ratings from previous students.
The Students' Choice award ensures that course providers get recognised for their efforts in the teaching and practice of UK craft.
They also allow tutors to gain valuable feedback on their courses and for new students to find the course that's right for them.