About the Course
Studios today are looking for talented animators who are proficient in 2D or 3D animation using industry standard software.
This course responds to this need, developing your skills in character animation using Maya.
This course will benefit professionals (and students) who wish to develop their artistic and technical skills in all aspects of animation.
Beginners to animation are welcome, though you must be computer literate and have some experience with 2D or 3D applications such as Photoshop, Sculptis or Blender.
On this course you will:
- learn about the twelve principles of animation, the same principles that were developed by the ‘old men of animation’ - and why it is a must for every animator to master
- learn how to bring a 2D or 3D biped or quadruped character and prop to life
- understand the importance of storyboarding
- learn how to create your own staging and camera works
- work with Cintiq drawing tablets to aid the process
- learn the secret of how to create believable, realistic facial expressions and lip syncs
- learn how to create 3D scene sequences, layouts and camera shots (an advantage for anyone interested in game design).
The course is delivered in a stimulating workshop environment through informative step-by-step tutorials and one-to-one guidance.
What will you gain?
By the end of the course you’ll have 2D and 3D animation samples which can be used in your portfolio, along with photo-realistic renders of your work (using Arnold).
You will also have the confidence and understanding of professional techniques and workflow processes.
Entry requirement: No previous animation or drawing skills are required. You should know your way around a computer in terms of file saving and other basic functions.
Click through above to book your place online.
If booking with a CraftCourses voucher for part or all of the course fee, please fill in the contact form above. Your voucher code must be provided at the point of booking.
What's included in the price?
20 hours of quality tuition with experienced tutor.
Maximum class size: 8.
This craft course provider has been awarded Bronze status for receiving 1 or more 5 star ratings from previous students.
The Students' Choice award ensures that course providers get recognised for their efforts in the teaching and practice of UK craft.
They also allow tutors to gain valuable feedback on their courses and for new students to find the course that's right for them.