About the Course
Introduction into Icon Painting.
Let us journey together to discover secrets of this traditional artistic expression of theology and
spirituality. Whether you are absolutely beginner or an advanced artist, this workshop offers an opportunity to learn and refine your techniques in this art form.
The course focuses on the art of egg tempera painting. The coursework is divided into theoretical and practical part followed by individual steps; the tutor explains the principles and then demonstrates each phase in detail, answering all questions. The students will then put into practice these skills under the guidance of the instructor.
This foundation workshop offers the chance to learn and practice the initial skills necessary for understanding and practicing the sacred art of icon painting, a s a first step towards this centuries old ancient craft.
During presentation you will be taught the following theoretical principles:
1. The esoterics of icon painting
2. The importance of color and form
3. Importance of mastering a skill of "spiritual line"
During practical part you will be practicing the following practical aspects:
1. Making of the "yolk and vinegar" mixture
2. Learning a skill of "paint floating"
3. Practice of brush stroke exercises and working towards achieving "spiritual line" as a main tool of an icon painter.
4. Creating your own designs with the key elements
Essential to book and pay in advance.
Contact King Street Studios
If booking with a CraftCourses voucher for part or all of the course fee, please fill in the contact form above or telephone us. Your voucher code must be provided at the point of booking.
What's included in the price?
Tea/coffee and biscuits.
Bring your own lunch or cafes nearby