Hanging a shelf sounds simple but in practice it’s anything but. Will you electrocute yourself and hit an electric cable if you drill a hole in the wall? Will you burst a pipe? What type of wall is it anyway and why oh why is the fixings isle in B&Q so confusing? Worry no more, we are here to help!
In this 3 hour introduction to DIY course, we’ll give you the skills you need to identify what you’re drilling into, avoid the electrics and plumbing, be able to navigate B&Q like a pro and hang your shelves with ease on almost any wall type.
You will learn:
• How to use a hammer action drill and drill driver
• How to drill into plasterboard, wood, concrete, metal and tiles
• How to choose which type of drill bit to use
• How to identify what type of walls you have at home
• How to choose the appropriate wall fixings to use in almost any scenario
• How to mark up a wall in the correct way to ensure your shelves are level
• How to attach your shelf to the wall
• How to attach a batten to the wall to hang shelves in alcoves
• How to be safe and avoid accidents
We understand it can be daunting to take on these tasks when you’re unsure of yourself and unsure of what equipment to buy to get the job done so why not take action? Grab the bull by the horns and join us for a fun, safe and relaxing workshop learning a new set of skills that will last a lifetime.
Cancellation and a full refund can be obtained up to 2 weeks before the course starts. Start dates may be amended on request.
All tools and equipment are provided.
This craft course provider has been awarded Bronze status for receiving 1 or more 5 star ratings from previous students.
The Students' Choice award ensures that course providers get recognised for their efforts in the teaching and practice of UK craft.
They also allow tutors to gain valuable feedback on their courses and for new students to find the course that's right for them.