About the Course
Found a passion for modern calligraphy or just keen to improve your early skills, then this is the workshop for you (whether you are self-taught or been to a beginner’s workshop). You will be familiar and comfortable with the basic strokes and upper and lower case letter. This workshop will build on your knowledge and practice, giving you the opportunity to learn more about different inks, layouts and styles.
You will have the opportunity to
- Work with a different nib and fantastic metallic inks
- Understand how to use different layout sheets
- Build up your stylising skills using flourishing techniques
- Learn about different format styles for example using bounce to make your words standout
- Try out stationery format eg envelope, gift tag
- Take home an improvers guide
- Work on your own project (please bring a quote or poem with you for inspiration
- Be introduced to composition using botanical flower layouts
Please bring your existing nib, holder and ink
As for all Little Artisan Studio workshops, the class size will be kept at a maximum of 8 students to enable individual support.
You will get lots of support as workshops are relaxed and friendly, perfect for learning. The emphasis is on having fun and encouraging you in a new skill.
It is a lovely way to make new friends in a relaxed, friendly and social environment. Whether you come on your own or with a friend, you will be greeted with lots of smiles and be ready to have a great time.
If booking with a CraftCourses voucher for part or all of the course fee, please fill in the contact form above. Your voucher code must be provided at the point of booking.
What's included in the price?
Course dates are flexible; please get in touch for the next available date.