Our Intermediate Machine Knitting Class will enable you to take your machine knitting skills to the next level. Our expert machine knitting tutor will guide you through the more challenging techniques found in machine knitting. Suitable for students who have completed our Beginner’s class.
You will learn how to:
- Use new techniques including e-wrapping, fringing, cording, tucking, slip, weaving in and fair isle punch cards
- Knit cords which can be used with other techniques in your work or as yarn for hand knitting
- Create your own freehand punch card design to create pattern and texture in your knits. You will experiment with punch card designs for fair isle, tucking & slip stitch and weaving-in techniques.
We teach on the following domestic knitting machines: Brother Domestic Knitting Machines, Model KH836 & KH881.
At the end of the class, you’ll have a collection of experimental swatches which can be developed further into your design ideas for fashion, interiors, accessories & trims.
About the Knithub 24 Experience:
- Learn 'live' and online, from the comfort of your home
- Fun and upbeat classes!
- Train with highly-qualified tutors
- Learn some amazing machine knitting techniques and ask questions directly to the tutor
- Troubleshoot any problems you've encountered
- All class times are quoted at BST
Suitable for: Knitters who have completed our Beginner’s Class or who already have a basic understanding of machine knitting skills and who want to expand their knowledge.
How to Book: Please book your place using the 'Make a booking request' button above. Please book early to avoid disappointment! Once you have booked and paid for your class, you will receive a unique link along with all the relevant details you will need to join ‘Live’ on the day. Don’t forget to save the Live Online Class dates to your calendar! Happy Knitting!
Knithub 24 also runs hand knitting, crochet and macrame classes online. Click on 'See more from this course organiser' below, to find out what we do.
We look forward to seeing you!
Cancellation and a full refund can be obtained up to 2 weeks before the course starts. Start dates may be amended on request.
Yarns Tools and Technical Notes: You will need a domestic knitting machine, two cones of different coloured yarns (in different thicknesses – fine to chunky), claw weights, single and double point transfer tools, scissors, a ruler, set of pre punched (fair isle, tucking, slip stitch and weaving-in) cards, punch card clips, blank punch cards and a puncher. A set of ‘how to’ notes will be emailed to you before the class.
This course is taught online
This craft course provider has been awarded Gold status for receiving 10 or more 5 star ratings from previous students.
The Students' Choice award ensures that course providers get recognised for their efforts in the teaching and practice of UK craft.
They also allow tutors to gain valuable feedback on their courses and for new students to find the course that's right for them.