Course Provider: Create Mosaic Workshops
Contact Name: Debra Collis
Telephone: 07939 400324
30 Makepeace Avenue
Course Length: Introduction Class
0 star rating, 0 reviewers.
Learn the traditional art of mosaic making in this fun one day workshop with experienced Mosaicist & Teacher, Debra.
* Acquire essential cutting skills and experiment with laying styles and techniques
* Starting with the direct method, you will learn how to adhere tiles to various surfaces, design techniques such as using images through mesh and simplifying your drawing.
* You can select from a wide variety of colourful vitreous glass, porcelain & ceramic tiles
* Great tips on where to source good material, ideas and clear instructions are paramount in the classes. Resources are available as are books on mosaics and a potted guide to mosaic inspiration from around the world.
* Debra has been running workshops for many years, and is also responsible for the Willesden Green CatWalk Mosaics and others in local public spaces. She was trained in Fine Art at University and has since studied mosaics at the famous Orsini School in Venice and in Ravenna, Italy. She is a qualified teacher in the Adult Learning Sector and was awarded an Excellence in Teaching Certificate from Ealing Adult learning
* If you have some experience or would like to join at a different date, please message Debra.
What's included in the price?
All tools are provided plus a variety of MDF boards in various sizes. You can also use wedi board (which can easily be cut to size/or shape desired). Free if smaller than 30 x 30cm.
A wide variety of tiles (vitreous, porcelain, ceramic) are available to use and included in the price.
It is possible to purchase bags of tiles by weight if your mosaic is larger than 30 x 30cm. Mirrors are also available to purchase.
Yummy handmade vegan cookies and refreshments will be available free throughout the course.
There are cafes nearby if you want to purchase food or bring your own (kitchen is available)