Our Industrial Machine Knitting Class is an ideal class if you have a basic understanding of machine knitting and you want to develop your textile design skills or experimental skills. You’ll learn beautiful stitches and techniques, exploring the use of colour, textured structures and stitch manipulation.
You will learn how to:
- Set up a Dubied knitting machine, including casting on and off, changing between different coloured yarns and blending yarns together
- Use various stitch structures and techniques, such as needle layouts, hold stitch, tuck stitch, 2 x 2 rib, racking and selective needle use
- Utilise a stitch transfer tool to create hand manipulation techniques for ladders, lace holes and freeform methods
- Better understand knitwear yarns, machines and gauges
We teach on the following industrial knitting machine: Flat bed (Dubied) Knitting Machines.
At the end of the class, you’ll create a technical folder with a collection of experimental swatches of techniques, stitch manipulation and knit structures. You will be able to develop these techniques further into your own designs experimenting with different textures and yarns to produce unique fabrics in a variety of weights for future projects.
What you'll get from the Knithub 24 Experience:
- Learn 'live' and online, from the comfort of your home
- Fun and upbeat classes!
- Train with highly-qualified tutors
- Learn some amazing industrial knitting techniques and ask questions directly to the tutor
- Troubleshoot any problems you've encountered
- All class times are quoted at BST
Suitable for: Those who have a basic understanding of machine knitting, knit professionals, fashion or textile students & hobbyists.
How to Book: Please book your place using the 'Make a booking request' button above. Please book early to avoid disappointment! Once you have booked and paid for your class, you will receive a unique link along with all the relevant details you will need to join ‘Live’ on the day. Don’t forget to save the Live Online Class dates to your calendar! Happy Knitting!
Knithub 24 also runs hand knitting, domestic machine knitting, crochet and macrame classes online. Click on 'See more by this course organiser' below, to find out what we do.
We look forward to seeing you!
Cancellation and a full refund can be obtained up to 2 weeks before the course starts. Start dates may be amended on request.
Yarns Tools and Technical Notes: A set of technical reference notes will be emailed to you before the class.
This course is taught online
This craft course provider has been awarded Gold status for receiving 10 or more 5 star ratings from previous students.
The Students' Choice award ensures that course providers get recognised for their efforts in the teaching and practice of UK craft.
They also allow tutors to gain valuable feedback on their courses and for new students to find the course that's right for them.