Join us in person at our custom-built workshop in the heart of the Cotswolds and discover sensational transformations and secret techniques.
Seen striking botanical hooped earring and gorgeous statement hairclips in every fashion magazine and fancy creating your own? This is the workshop for you! Join our Hoops and Hairclips - Contemporary Jewellery Casting Workshop and spend a playful morning or afternoon mixing resin, swiping colour and encasing flowers to create bespoke, wow-factor accessories. Perfect for beginners!
PLEASE NOTE Due to the curing time of resin, you'll be able to put all you have learnt on the workshop into adding a finishing layer of resin and findings to your pieces at home. You'll leave with an exclusive goodie bag with the resin and findings you need to complete your wearable works of art after the workshop.
You will learn how to:
- Make gorgeous statement accessories using Resin8 non-toxic resin
- Encase beautiful dried flowers and embellishments to create gorgeous pieces of jewellery
- Design statement hairclips by working with Resin8 pigments in several cutting edge, mould-painting techniques
- Measure, mix and add colour to your resin
- Explore using our full range of resin pigments along with our natural, ethically sourced mica powder
- Manipulate resin to create different visual effects
- Add embellishments to your work such as our eco-glitter and sparkles
- Achieve a perfect finish, removing any bubbles that appear
- Chat through finishing techniques and ways to add findings to your pieces at home after the workshop
- Use tips, trade secrets and techniques
Our morning workshops begin at 9.30am and finish around 12-12.30pm. Our afternoon workshops begin at 1.30pm and finish around 4-4.30pm.
Remember to wear clothes that you don't mind getting messy and please ensure you have familiarised yourself with our full terms and conditions including cancellation policy before booking a place.
We're thrilled to be preparing to welcome crafters back to our Costwolds HQ! We will re-start our workshops in line with government regulation when safe to do so. We are currently taking bookings in line with the government road map, if there is a delay to the relaxation of the guidelines, those booked on affected workshops will have the option to move to another workshop date or receive a full refund.
Cancellation and a full refund can be obtained up to 2 weeks before the course starts. Start dates may be amended on request.
We will show you how to create your very own resin masterpieces without using expensive or sophisticated equipment. In this half day workshop you will learn to make least 4 hairclips and 2 pairs of hoop earrings with the knowledge to complete your pieces at home and enough product to carry on making!
- All materials required (resin, moulds, pigments, mixing tools, PPE, substrates, etc)
- Keep the silicone moulds you use so you can carry on creating at home!
- A gorgeous selection of dried flowers and petals, cool embellishments and sparkly extras to cast into your work
- A take-home goodie bag with the resin and findings you need to complete your pieces once cured
- Teaching by Resin8's in-house resin expert
- Small class sizes to ensure dedicated tuition and answers to all your questions
- An exclusive discount to spend on Resin8 goodies (to be used on the day of the workshop)
- Access to our warehouse to stock up on your Resin8 supplies in person
- Postage of your pieces after the workshop (they take a little while to cure)
- The pleasure of spending a morning or afternoon with us, why not learn from the best?!
2½ hours (flexible times to suit)
This craft course provider has been awarded Gold status for receiving 10 or more 5 star ratings from previous students.
The Students' Choice award ensures that course providers get recognised for their efforts in the teaching and practice of UK craft.
They also allow tutors to gain valuable feedback on their courses and for new students to find the course that's right for them.