Hooked on Crochet (for beginners)
Contact course provider
About the Course
50% Discount for those in receipt of state pension or on means tested benefits.
WHO IS THIS COURSE FOR?
This 10 week course is suitable for those who are completely new to crochet or have a little experience.
WHAT WILL I ACHIEVE?
You will learn:
• How to hold the hook and yarn correctly and how to make chains.
• Basic crochet stitches such as double and treble crochet.
• How to crochet back and forth, and in the round.
• How to make textured and lace stitches.
• How to change colour
• How to crochet motifs together to make larger pieces.
• How to read basic crochet patterns.
BY THE END OF THIS COURSE YOU WILL BE ABLE TO:
• Make granny squares, treble squares and hexagons
• Make squares with textured stitches and lace patterns
• Crochet your work together to make, for example, a cushion cover
• Read a crochet pattern and understand abbreviations.
• Make flower motifs to embellish your work.
If booking with a CraftCourses voucher for part or all of the course fee, please fill in the contact form above or telephone us. Your voucher code must be provided at the point of booking.
What's included in the price?
WHAT DO I NEED TO BRING ALONG?
• You will need a crochet hook; size 5mm and 1 ball of Aran weight yarn, peferably cotton rich.
Patterns, scissors and wool needles will be provided.
Review this course
Course Start Dates
Course dates are flexible; please get in touch for the next available date.
Browse all UK Crochet courses
This craft course provider has been awarded Bronze status for receiving 1 or more 5 star ratings from previous students.
The Students' Choice award ensures that course providers get recognised for their efforts in the teaching and practice of UK craft.
They also allow tutors to gain valuable feedback on their courses and for new students to find the course that's right for them.