(Hewnwood's ) Log cabin building course
Contact course provider
About the Course
Join us as the Autumn leaves flutter down on a Beautiful Site - Broadleaf Woods & Meadow next to the Honddu river.
Learn the skills of the Full-Scribe Log Cabin with Alan Ritchie, Hewnwood's team of Instructors & Cabin Builder William Darby.
You will learn: the the skills of log cabin builder.
* Sourcing your Logs
* Scribing to fit
* Use of tools
* Marking and Cutting your joints
* Handling and Erecting the cabin
* Roofing and finishing advice.
If you are thinking of getting the course as a present for someone special we have an attractive gift set. Please contact us for info!
If booking with a CraftCourses voucher for part or all of the course fee, please fill in the contact form above or telephone us. Your voucher code must be provided at the point of booking.
What's included in the price?
1.Light Lunch (For evening meals we are close to town or there are cooking facilities on site for shared/individual meals).
2.Tools and equipment. However, you will need your own chainsaw with licence and safety gear if you wish to partake in chainsaw activities.
3. Hot shower, fire pit, BBQ, River, Woodlands, Gas stoves
4. Free camping for all whether you prefer to bring your own tent or Shared Bunk in the Otters Holt Yurt,(fully heated)! If you are not a camper though and prefer to book a B&B, you will find we are only 1 mile from Brecon town centre.
5. Fun and laughter.
6. We are also hoping to have the Hot tub and Pizza oven working by next season for a bit of added luxury.
* Please search 'The Otters Holt Yurt' if you would like to see where we are in the world.
Review this course
Course Start DatesMonday 15th October 2018
Monday 22nd October 2018
This craft course provider has been awarded Gold status for receiving 10 or more 5 star ratings from previous students.
The Students' Choice award ensures that course providers get recognised for their efforts in the teaching and practice of UK craft.
They also allow tutors to gain valuable feedback on their courses and for new students to find the course that's right for them.