Course Start Dates
About the Course
* Long for a Cutting Patch full of flowers in your garden?
* So you can snip gorgeous scented blooms, fill your vases even give bunches to friends & family?
* Or perhaps you're planning a wedding, party or other event & would love to decorate with home-grown flowers?
Well join me, Rosie Gray Artisan Flower Farmer & Florist for a relaxing, fun day out this Spring & make 2020 the year your Cutting Patch is blooming marvellous!
* Take a tour of the Flower Farm to see the cut flower varieties thriving here
* Discover how to plan flowers to cut from mid-March to end of September
* Learn how to sow seeds for best results (& get a lot of flower power for your money). You'll even sow some to take home for blooms later this year in your own garden
* We'll share tips & tricks for growing success & our favourite varieties
* Find the best ways to prepare ground, choose composts & care for your plants to keep them blooming
* Tips for growing Dahlias (Instagram favourites) for months of blooms. You'll start a tuber growing to take home with you too
* How to cut & care for your flowers for long lasting loveliness
This workshop is perfect for anyone dreaming of growing cut flowers for their home. It's down-to-earth, practical & full of tips to help you succeed.
No previous experience necessary - just lots of enthusiasm & love of flowers!
The group will be small (maximum 6), relaxed & friendly so you'll have plenty of time to ask questions.
Or perhaps this would make a perfect treat for a flower lover? Why not make it a day out together?
A workshop place would make a lovely gift - let me know, & I'll pop the details in a pretty card. Just give me a few days notice so it reaches you in time!
Full directions will be sent - car parking available.
The Flower Farm is located in the stunning UNESCO Galloway & South Ayrshire Biosphere so you may want to explore the local area while you're here. Let us know & we'll be give you details of local places to stay.
If booking with a CraftCourses voucher for part or all of the course fee, please fill in the contact form above. Your voucher code must be provided at the point of booking.
What's included in the price?
Tea/coffee & cake are included in the fee, just bring your own packed lunch.
You'll take home a tray of seeds you've sown during the day + others to get your Cutting Patch off to a fast start.
About Galloway Flowers; Rosie Gray & Ken Leslie of Galloway Flowers are Artisan Flower Farmers & Florists, near Castle Douglas in Dumfries & Galloway, Scotland. Every year they grow thousands of stems of gorgeous seasonal flowers for weddings, funerals, special occasions & vases across the region. A wide range is grown from classics such as Roses, Sweet Peas, Dahlias & Tulips plus many unusual varieties rarely seen in the supermarket or a High Street florist. Rosie & Ken have years of experience growing flowers & enjoy sharing their tips with others.