Furniture painting at The Sustainability Centre
Contact course provider
About the Course
Upcycle your furniture! Learn painting and craft techniques, including chalk painting, for renovating wooden furniture with artist, Julie Noble, at our training centre in the Hampshire South Downs.
The course will cover:
- a brief history of the paint,
- how to set up mood boards using three basic techniques,
- trial of different finishes,
- painting your chair using your chosen techniques,
- techniques for finishing the chair.
The course will give participants:
- An understanding of the paint and painting techniques
- Understanding of when and how to use wax
- Opportunity to find a preferable method when finishing your furniture
Who is this course suitable for?
- Suitable for beginners and artists wishing to learn a new technique.
What to bring:
- Clothes you don't mind getting paint on
- Packed lunch or lunch is available from the Beech Cafe
About the tutor:
Julie Noble is a qualified teacher and a skilled painter. She runs her own studio in Gosport, One Of A Kind Studio, where she renovates and sells furniture using the painting techniques she has developed.
If booking with a CraftCourses voucher for part or all of the course fee, please fill in the contact form above or telephone us. Your voucher code must be provided at the point of booking.
What's included in the price?
Materials, tuition and tea/coffee
You will get a wooden chair to paint and take home with you, plus a paintbrush.
An information leaflet giving instructions on basic techniques.
Review this course
Course Start DatesSaturday 7th July 2018
- Suitable for beginners
This craft course provider has been awarded Bronze status for receiving 1 or more 5 star ratings from previous students.
The Students' Choice award ensures that course providers get recognised for their efforts in the teaching and practice of UK craft.
They also allow tutors to gain valuable feedback on their courses and for new students to find the course that's right for them.