Learn the techniques to be able to produce free motion embroidery designs and combine with appliqué techniques.
In one day you will learn everything you need to know to be able to use your machine with confidence once you get home. It doesn’t matter whether you have your own machine or not, you can come and learn all you need to know on one of our machines.
You will learn about:
• The presser foot – adding and removing the free motion embroidery foot (get confident with your screwdriver)!
• Practise different sewing skills to create stitch patterns and designs to help you create your own pictures
• Work with different threads and colours to create shading and different effects
• Once we have mastered free motion embroidery we will move onto appliqué techniques
• You will be able to combine both techniques in the day to create your own designs
Suzi can teach you how to be more creative to produce some lovely designs in just a day.
Cancellation and a full refund can be obtained up to 4 weeks before the course starts. Start dates may be amended on request.
Tuition, materials and equipment are included in your course fee. This includes the use of a sewing machine but you are welcome to bring your own.
Our teaching space is on the first floor above our cafe where you can purchase freshly produced food using locally sourced ingredients.
6 hours (10:30am to 4:30pm)
This craft course provider has been awarded Gold status for receiving 10 or more 5 star ratings from previous students.
The Students' Choice award ensures that course providers get recognised for their efforts in the teaching and practice of UK craft.
They also allow tutors to gain valuable feedback on their courses and for new students to find the course that's right for them.