We’re absolutely delighted to be able to offer an online version of one of our most popular courses. This is the place to start if you are new to drawing, or if you want to brush up your pen & ink technique. Full of useful pieces of drawing theory along with simple exercises, there are 5 parts, each of which should take around 3 hours to complete. Everything is presented in logical steps that are easy to follow at your own pace. Perfect to kick-start your drawing.
Part 1: Getting Started
Part 2: Lines Matter
Part 3: Relative Tone
Part 4: Translate Relative Tone Into Pen Work
Part 5: Develop Your Pen Technique
If you will be redeeming a CraftCourses gift voucher on this course, the voucher code must be provided at the point of booking.
What's included in the price?
All of our courses are self-paced and everything is presented in logical steps that are easy to follow in your own way. If you are wondering what the courses look like you can now download a free sample course called Sketch Workshop: Hidden Treasure, just go to our website and look under Online Course Descriptions for the link.
When you enrol on an online course you will be sent the course materials by email within 48 hours of placing your order and these generally consist of the following elements:
- A website link to the main course content. There is usually a separate link for each session (a 4-session course, for example, will have 4 separate links). This should render itself onto any device and you can then navigate the session content either by clicking on particular elements and/or by using the forward and back arrows at the bottom of the screen (or, if you have one, the zoom wheel on your mouse). This enables us to share lots of high quality images with you. We also provide a pdf version of the same content as a backup.
- A separate website link to a folio of visual images. A folio of additional images is provided as a separate google slides folder for some courses, particularly the sketch workshops.
- Opportunity to participate online with the tutor and other course members.
We know that you all really value the face-to-face aspect of the class experience and we are working really hard to develop this part of what we offer. These include:
1. Sharing your drawings on our Facebook group: Debora Cane Art Classes Student Group (to take part you need to find this group on facebook and make a request to become a member)
2. Regular zoom sessions at 11:00 Mondays and 11:00 plus 19:15 on Wednesdays
3. Facebook live sessions 10:00 Mondays and 10:00 plus 18:30 on Wednesdays
You don’t have to attend the zoom meeting to make best use of the course materials and you don’t need to have completed any particular task before the meeting starts.
What you will need
These courses do not require you to purchase lots of different materials. If you retrieve a set of old watercolours from a drawer, a pencil and a couple of black pigment fine-liner pens, along with some reasonable quality cartridge paper (A4 size, 140gsm or above) and a digital device to view images, that is pretty much all you need to get started.