About the Course
From Foxtrot to Waltz, Rumba to Jive, this class gives you the opportunity to experience ballroom and Latin dance. Devised for beginners, this course will support you in your first steps giving you the individual attention required within a group setting. No dance experience necessary.
Who is this course for
This course has been designed for anyone who'd like to have a go at Ballroom dancing. No previous dance experience is necessary.
What does this course cover
Throughout the course students will study the basics in a selection of Ballroom and Latin dances. By the end of the course, students will be able to:
1. Dance the basic and one or two additional steps in Waltz, Foxtrot, Cha Cha and Jive.
2. Dance to the music with a focus on timing, acknowledging the correct rhythm for each dance.
3. Have a good hold and strong frame in order to dance with a partner effectively.
4. Understand the concept of leading and following and give/receive signals to/from a partner.
5. Begin to understand how technique is applied to each dance in order to accentuate style.
Mary Ward Centre is an adult education centre with a difference. We provide a wide range of subjects for people at all levels and run courses during the day, evening or weekend to suit your timetable. Get inspired and enjoy excellent teaching in an environment where each individual’s learning experience is valued. That’s what makes Mary Ward Centre ‘the friendly place to learn.’
Please get in touch via the links above for more details or to book your place.
If booking with a CraftCourses voucher for part or all of the course fee, please fill in the contact form above. Your voucher code must be provided at the point of booking.
This craft course provider has been awarded Silver status for receiving 5 or more 5 star ratings from previous students.
The Students' Choice award ensures that course providers get recognised for their efforts in the teaching and practice of UK craft.
They also allow tutors to gain valuable feedback on their courses and for new students to find the course that's right for them.