Fire Lighting Day
Contact course provider
About the Course
Delve deeper in the skills and techniques of lighting a fire. During this day course you will light a whole range of fires using a number of methods from primitive through to modern. You will learn how to firstly source tinder, prepare it and use it in the most effective manor to create a roaring fire in no time. You will learn and light fires using matches, flint and steel, ferrocerium rods, chemical reactions and the sun.
An overview of what you will learn during this day course:
• Safe use of knives and saws
• Principles behind how to safely light a fire.
• Environmental issue of fire lighting
• Fire platforms and different types fire lays
• Tinders selection and how to use them with various methods of ignition.
• Where to find dry firewood
• Methods of lighting a fire from traditional flint and steel through to modern day chemical reactions fire by friction and even the sun.
• How to tidy away your fire leaving no trace.
If booking with a CraftCourses voucher for part or all of the course fee, please fill in the contact form above or telephone us. Your voucher code must be provided at the point of booking.
Review this course
Course Start DatesSunday 22nd July 2018
Sunday 18th November 2018
Browse all UK Bushcraft & forest school courses
- Suitable for beginners
This craft course provider has been awarded Bronze status for receiving 1 or more 5 star ratings from previous students.
The Students' Choice award ensures that course providers get recognised for their efforts in the teaching and practice of UK craft.
They also allow tutors to gain valuable feedback on their courses and for new students to find the course that's right for them.