*** I will be running my workshops within the current government COVID-19 Health and Safety Guidelines for business and education. Please see additional notes below ***
Set in a picturesque country garden in Berkshire, you’ll spend this 3-hour practical workshop exploring the wonderful art of lettering using faux modern calligraphy techniques; a lettering technique to imitate the style of modern calligraphy using everyday pens.
The workshop will begin with an overview of faux calligraphy and some lettering exercises to help you create letter forms. You will then use these skills to create your own wording on a slate sign with a few words of your choosing, using chalk pens.
Choose to use this sign for your home or garden, or make this as a special wedding, anniversary, new home, birthday or Christmas gift for someone special.
This technique is ideal for individuals who would like to explore modern calligraphy more, or who struggle using a pointed pen, but want to create a similar lettering style that a nib produces.
Book alongside a friend or family member and enjoy some creative time together.
Health and Safety:
I will be taking the following enhanced precautions until further notice:
• Groups will be limited to 10 guests, plus the tutor.
• The studio can comfortably accommodate social distancing and workstations will be outward-facing.
• A hands-free hand sanitiser unit will be available at the entrance to the studio and guests should sanitise at the beginning and at the end of the workshop.
• Guests will be asked to scan a Test and Trace NHS COVID-19 QR poster at the start of the workshop.
• I will wear a face visor.
• Guests are asked to wear a mask within the demonstration area, ensuring the mask is covering the mouth and nose.
• Guests can wear a mask at their workstation as well if they wish.
• All materials provided will be sanitised prior to the workshop. Guests will not share materials and will be able to take home the pens that they use.
• Guests will be asked to remain seated at their workstation, unless using the bathroom facilities, or require additional support in the demonstration area.
• Guests are asked to bring their own mug if they would like a tea or coffee during the workshop. Gloves will be used to prepare drinks and refreshments will be brought to your workstation.
• The room has good ventilation and windows and doors will remain open if outside temperatures allow.
• The Studio has a fogging machine installed with anti-viral disinfectant which is sprayed into the room after each use.
Cancellation and a full refund can be obtained up to 2 weeks before the course starts. Start dates may be amended on request.
Tea, coffee, herbal teas. Please bring your own mug.
The slate sign is yours to take home.
3 hours (10:30am to 1:30pm)
This craft course provider has been awarded Bronze status for receiving 1 or more 5 star ratings from previous students.
The Students' Choice award ensures that course providers get recognised for their efforts in the teaching and practice of UK craft.
They also allow tutors to gain valuable feedback on their courses and for new students to find the course that's right for them.
3 hours (10:30am to 1:30pm)
The course doesn’t currently have live datesContact the tutor for more information