About the Course
Use scrap, found, traditional and alternative materials to explore sculptural methods and concepts.
Who is this course for
Use scrap, found, traditional and alternative materials to explore sculptural methods and concepts including kinetic, interactive, performance and time-based work. Develop your own project, with support from the tutor. Suitable for all levels, beginners to advanced.
What does this course cover
The course aims to broaden the range of materials you can draw upon to make a sculpture. You will be shown how to develop techniques for completing kinetic, performance, time-based, interactive and traditional sculpture.
You will be introduced to, and use diverse ways of assembling found objects. Depending on your interests, you will work with some of the following:
1. Kinetic Sculpture: use of techniques to create movement i.e. motors, wind, water power.
2. Interactive sculpture: use of techniques to make sculpture that others can interact with.
3. Time-based sculpture: using video and audio to document the development and completion of work.
4. Performance sculpture: for example, demonstration of how to interact with the sculpture.
By the end you will be able:
1. To work in a supported way toward the completion of an experimental piece of sculpture.
2. To make informed choices about methods and materials for sculpture.
3. To demonstrate the use of new methods for completing sculptures.
4. To demonstrate the use of one or more methods for recording or representing sculpture e.g. video/audio
Mary Ward Centre is an adult education centre with a difference. We provide a wide range of subjects for people at all levels and run courses during the day, evening or weekend to suit your timetable. Get inspired and enjoy excellent teaching in an environment where each individual’s learning experience is valued. That’s what makes Mary Ward Centre ‘the friendly place to learn.’
Please get in touch for more details and to book your place!
If booking with a CraftCourses voucher for part or all of the course fee, please fill in the contact form above. Your voucher code must be provided at the point of booking.
This craft course provider has been awarded Silver status for receiving 5 or more 5 star ratings from previous students.
The Students' Choice award ensures that course providers get recognised for their efforts in the teaching and practice of UK craft.
They also allow tutors to gain valuable feedback on their courses and for new students to find the course that's right for them.