Challenge and extend your ideas about what makes a good portrait and learn different ways of building structure under the guidance of our experienced artist tutor. Using both photographs and a live portrait model, you’ll practise observation, tone, structure and colour as well as experimenting with different drawing techniques to capture likeness and character. You’ll also be taken through the work of portraits by various artists to draw inspiration and explore ideas. You’ll have plenty of time to practice and interact with the other artists in the group, perhaps critiquing each other’s work.
- Try a fresh approach to portraiture
- Our professional artist leader will guide and encourage
- Enjoy the sociable atmosphere of painting in a group
HF Holidays have been offering activity breaks since 1913, with stunning destinations across the UK, Europe and Worldwide. Click through to our website for a full itinerary, secure online booking, and to explore our full range of holidays.
Prices may be subject to change. Please click on the ‘Book online’ button above for up-to-date prices and availability.
If you will be redeeming a CraftCourses gift voucher on this course, the voucher code must be provided at the point of booking.
What's included in the price?
- High-quality full board en-suite accommodation and excellent food in our country house
- Guidance and tuition from a knowledgeable HF Holidays Leader, to ensure you get the most from your holiday
- Loan of wooden A3 art boards
- A portrait model as well as photographs will be used as source
Reservations team at HF Holidays
Longmynd House Cunnery Road Church Stretton Shropshire SY6 6AG