About the Course
Enamelling is the ancient process of fusing glass onto metal, using a kiln.
We will be exploring enamelling, learning how to fuse the enamel powders onto copper to create a glossy surface finish.
You do not need any experience to book a place on the workshop and will be experimenting with simple techniques to create a small picture or piece of jewellery. You will learn the basics of enamelling, in a step by step manner.
In the workshop you will learn techniques such as stencilling, sgruffito and sifting. We will cover all aspects of the enamelling process, from health and safety, preparation of the copper, and counter enamelling, to types of enamel powders, applying enamel to the front of your piece, and using decorative media such as millefiori, frit, copper wire, glass threads.
You will create a small enamelled picture or piece of jewellery that you are able to take home with you on the day.
If booking with a CraftCourses voucher for part or all of the course fee, please fill in the contact form above. Your voucher code must be provided at the point of booking.
What's included in the price?
- One copper blank that you will be able to make into a picture or piece of jewellery. A variety of shapes will be available however if you would like to work on a specific shape or size then please contact Melissa before the workshop.
- Use of all tools and equipment e.g. kiln, firing forks, enamel powders in a range of colours, decorative media etc.
Silver plated findings to finish your pieces e.g. key rings, brooch backs, jump rings etc.
- Tea, coffee and biscuits to keep us going! Maybe even cake if you are lucky...
- Tuition on enamelling with Melissa Keskinkilinc, a qualified teacher with many years of teaching experience.
- Information about retailers for equipment and supplies if you would like to continue to explore enamelling after the workshop!
What an excellent course! I have learnt lots of new skills and have had a wonderful time. Melissa is a very patient and helpful teacher with lots of exciting ideas to explore. I can't wait to have another go.
Evelyn Baxtet - - #24578
A brilliant morning! Thoroughly enjoyed it and learnt a lot. Melissa is an excellent teacher.
Joy rudge - - #24321
Response from Melissa’s Melting Pot:Thank you for your review Joy! It was a pleasure to teach you ladies, and I look forward to seeing you again for the glass fusing session.
Course dates are flexible; please get in touch for the next available date.
This craft course provider has been awarded Bronze status for receiving 1 or more 5 star ratings from previous students.
The Students' Choice award ensures that course providers get recognised for their efforts in the teaching and practice of UK craft.
They also allow tutors to gain valuable feedback on their courses and for new students to find the course that's right for them.