About the Course
A series of weekly sewing skills workshops, where you can attend a single workshop, a whole day or several workshops to create a whole course to suit you. General rule of thumb the morning workshops are more basics for beginners/ intermediates and the afternoons are more advanced for very competent beginners and intermediate sewers.
Some of the topics that will be covered are:
• Sewing machine basics, overlocker basics
• Basic seams & hems, overlocking skills
• More hems, blind, twin, roll, cover stitch machine
• Patterns and body measurements, patterns layout matching
• Bias binding - make own etc, patterns improvisation
• Zips - centred, lapped, open end & zips - concealed, fly
• Buttons & buttonholes, pleats & godets
• Sleeves, raglan, standard, inset; cuffs & plackets
• Waists & necks, couture waistband, sleeve finish
• Pockets, patch, in seam, trouser ; pockets, welted & breast
• Collars, simple & mandarin; collars, shirt & jacket
Please click on "View website" to see which workshop runs on which date.
Price starts at £18 for individual workshops, £34 for whole day,
5 or more W/S reduces to £16 each and 10 or more to £14 each. (£5 non refundable deposit to secure your place on each workshop).
If booking with a CraftCourses voucher for part or all of the course fee, please fill in the contact form above. Your voucher code must be provided at the point of booking.
What's included in the price?
All machines, fabrics and haberdashery are provided in all the workshops. However you are welcome to bring own machine if you prefer.
It is advisable to bring your own Overlocker or Coverstitch machine to those specific workshops as I only have limited availability.
Drinks and flapjacks provided. If staying all day please bring a packed lunch or you can pop out for lunch.