A two day masterclass in drawing with wool with the ever so talented Ruth Packham. Learn to felt and manipulate wool fibre and improve your drawing skills.
What will the course involve?
• Day One – We will spend the day working on a wet felted image, either one you have brought in for inspiration or a freeform image. You will learn how to handle the wool fibre and basic wet felting techniques. Ruth is on hand to tell you that you can draw and advise on colour use and composition. Hopefully if there is time you will create a background for day two.
• Day Two – This day will be mostly about needle felting. Using your premade wet felted background (or one Ruth provides) you will work on a needle felted image, again one prepared earlier or freeform. There will be an opportunity to give your image a more three- dimensional feel. Ruth will also demonstrate how to needle felt a black and white landscape/image onto cotton fabric and if there is time you will have the chance to try this technique too.
If you will be redeeming a CraftCourses gift voucher on this course, the voucher code must be provided at the point of booking.
What's included in the price?
• As a teacher Ruth feels strongly about encouraging and nurturing creative individuality and hopes to instil confidence in creative decision making. In light of these aims please bring imagery to the workshop in the form of a photograph as opposed to someone else’s work.
• All materials required are included in the course fee. A spacious work area is allocated to each student along with their own set of tools to use while they’re here.
• A plentiful supply of tea and is provided. Delicious cakes and lunches are available to purchase from the café downstairs should you wish.
Suzi Park at Make it in Wales
Stiwdio 3 3 High Street Cardigan Ceredigion SA43 1HJ