Upcycled Hessian Placemat & Coasters
Location: The Clean Kilo, 1 Gibb Street, Digbeth, Birmingham, B9 4AA (free parking available)
Explore your creative side by learning how to upcycle a hessian coffee bag into a beautiful, boho, painted placemat and coasters! A perfect treat for you or as a handmade gift in time for Christmas!
Your instructor Jeanette (Co-founder of The Clean Kilo and B.A Hons Design graduate) will be teaching you how to make ‘Upcycled Hessian Placemat & Coasters’ in our 2.5hrs workshop. This workshop is perfect for beginners or basic craft and paint knowledge – suitable for children aged 12 and above (attending with an accompanying adult who will supervise cutting and sewing). Refreshment and snack included and receive 10% off in-store discount! Feel free to bring extra refreshments to make an evening of it (alcohol permitted)!
IMPORTANT - as we are painting, we recommend you bring old clothes and/or an apron to wear.
This workshop can also be purchased as a gift for someone else - just write in the notes section where you would like the ticket to be emailed to.
If you would like to take advantage of our 10% off in store discount, please arrive no more than 30 minutes before your start time. Otherwise please arrive 5 minutes before your session.
To keep everyone safe without affecting your workshop experience, the following safety measures will be in place:
* Face mask to be encouraged whilst moving around the space - your instructor will be wearing a face mask if within 1 metre of you.
* Max 6 to 7 participants
* Sanitising stations on entry and within the space.
* Distanced seating unless you booked together.
* Please do not attend a workshop if you have experienced any symptoms of Covid-19 within 14 days prior to attending, or if have been in contact with anyone else who has had symptoms within the past 14 days.
Cancellation and a full refund can be obtained up to 8 weeks before the course starts. Start dates may be amended on request.
To make your upcycled hessian placemat and coasters, we will be covering a range of basic skills/techniques:
* Measuring and drawing
* Pinning and cutting fabric
* Cardboard template design and cutting
* Brush and sponge painting
* Hand sewing
You will be able to take home 1 x 30cm placemat and 2 x 10cm coasters that you will make within the session (depending on ability).
In the workshop you will receive:
* All essential materials - this includes hessian fabric for 1 x placemat and 2 x coasters, a choice of trimming/tassel & black/white paint
* All equipment to use to complete your project
* Design inspiration references
* A step-by-step instruction sheet that you can take home for future reference.
* Small group guided support from start to finish.
* A choice of loose-leaf tea/locally roasted filter coffee/Raspberry lemonade iced tea
* A choice of snack - crisps/ roasted peanuts/ fava beans/ wasabi peas/ Bombay mix/ Japanese crackers
* Exclusive 10% discount on anything bought in store up to £50 on the day.
* A relaxing, creative evening - without the tidy up after!
2½ hours (6:00pm to 8:30pm)