12.10.21 6pm to 8pm Macrame Plant Hanger Workshop
Location: The Clean Kilo, 1 Gibb Street, Digbeth, Birmingham, B9 4AA
Macramé is a form of textile produced using knotting techniques (rather than weaving or knitting) and it has exploded with popularity these past few years.
This 2-hour workshop is perfect for total beginners. You will learn a range of key macramé techniques and be guided through every step, to make your very own beaded plant hanger in a beautiful spiral design. The basic knots you learn will enable you to make many different items in the future too - perfect for giving to friends and family!
In true zero waste style, after you have mastered your own plant hanger, we will be demonstrating how you can upcycle old textiles into mini macrame hangers too! Get creative and bring a long an old t-shirt if you have one (large as possible), so you can start your upcycled hanger with guidance and finish it at home!
All materials are included but please bring along your own small/medium plant pot so you can plan the size of your hanger - we recommend no larger than 15cm x 13cm. If you would like to start your own upcycled hanger project at the end, please bring an old t-shirt (large as possible).
This workshop can also be purchased as a gift for someone else - just write in the notes section where you would like the ticket to be emailed to.
If you would like to take advantage of our 10% off in store discount, please arrive no more than 30 minutes before your start time. Otherwise please arrive 5 minutes before your session.
To keep everyone safe without affecting your macramé experience, the following safety measures will be in place:
* Face mask to be encouraged whilst moving around the space - your instructor (Jeanette) will be wearing a face mask if within 1 metre of you.
* Max 6 to 7 participants
* Sanitising stations on entry and within the space.
* Distanced seating unless you booked together.
* Please do not attend a workshop if you have experienced any symptoms of Covid-19 within 14 days prior to attending, or if have been in contact with anyone else who has had symptoms within the past 14 days.
After the course, you will want to start macram-ing everything you can!
Cancellation and a full refund can be obtained up to 8 weeks before the course starts. Start dates may be amended on request.
In the workshop you will receive:
* All materials - this includes 100% UK cotton cord 3.5mm or 5mm, 1 wooden hoop, 4 wooden beads.
* An instruction sheet.
* Small group guided support from start to finish.
* Loose leaf tea/locally roasted filter coffee
* A choice of snack - crisps/ roasted peanuts/ fava beans/ wasabi peas/ Bombay mix
* Exclusive 10% discount on anything bought in store up to £50 - please arrive 30 minutes before your session begins if you would like to shop.
* A relaxing, creative evening.
2 hours (6:00pm to 8:00pm)
2 hours (6:00pm to 8:00pm)
The course doesn’t currently have live datesContact the tutor for more information