Macrame Jewellery Workshop
Location: The Clean Kilo, 1 Gibb Street, Digbeth, Birmingham, B9 4AA
Macramé is a form of textile produced using knotting techniques (rather than weaving or knitting) and it has exploded with popularity these past few years.
This 2-hour workshop is perfect for those with nimble creative fingers or a basic macrame knowledge! You will learn a range of key macramé techniques and be guided through every step, to make your very own macrame necklace with a crystal and in true zero waste style you will start a bracelet with wooden beads or upcycle beads from your old/broken jewellery. It's exciting to be able to give your old jewellery that you don't wear anymore, a breath of life!
The basic knots you learn will enable you to make many different items in the future too - perfect for giving to friends and family!
This workshop can also be purchased as a gift for someone else - just write in the notes section where you would like the ticket to be emailed to.
If you would like to take advantage of our 10% off in store discount, please arrive no more than 30 minutes before your start time. Otherwise please arrive 5 minutes before your session.
To keep everyone safe without affecting your macramé experience, the following safety measures will be in place:
* Face mask to be encouraged whilst moving around the space - your instructor (Jeanette) will be wearing a face mask if within 1 metre of you.
* Max 6 to 7 participants
* Sanitising stations on entry and within the space.
* Distanced seating unless you booked together.
* Please do not attend a workshop if you have experienced any symptoms of Covid-19 within 14 days prior to attending, or if have been in contact with anyone else who has had symptoms within the past 14 days.
Cancellation and a full refund can be obtained up to 8 weeks before the course starts. Start dates may be amended on request.
In the workshop you will receive:
* All essential materials - this includes 100% waxed cotton cord 1mm, a crystal stone of your choice, 3 wooden beads.
But please do bring beads from your old/broken jewellery to weave into a new bracelet if you have any! Please note our cord is 1mm thick so ideally bring beads that can be threaded through.
* An instruction sheet.
* Small group guided support from start to finish.
* Loose leaf tea/locally roasted filter coffee
* A choice of snack - crisps/ roasted peanuts/ fava beans/ wasabi peas/ Bombay mix
* Exclusive 10% discount on anything bought in store up to £50 - please arrive 30 minutes before your session begins if you would like to shop.
* A relaxing, creative evening.
2 hours (6:00pm to 8:00pm)
2 hours (6:00pm to 8:00pm)
The course doesn’t currently have live datesContact the tutor for more information