About the Course
So, you have a great idea for a t-shirt print range - but how do you get those ideas digitised and printed?
This Mac-based course is about the art and business of t-shirt design.
You’ll learn how to experiment with Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop to create innovative digital t-shirt graphics and patterns, whilst also learning how to present and promote your designs.
Whether you’re at the beginning of your t-shirt print design career or looking to develop and enhance your skills further, this course will demonstrate how CAD can bring your designs to life.
The course will give you the opportunity to develop your own brief based on your area of interest and personal style.
During the course you will:
- learn about different prints and pattern repeats
- explore layout, images and fonts
- find inspiration from online resources (and understand copyright)
- digitise hand-drawn images
- learn about composition, scale and placement
- create unique colour palettes using digital images
- experiment with software drawing and painting tools
- visualise your designs on photographic forms
- investigate different printing techniques, their suitability to your designs and their costs
- research current trends, and learn how designers are thinking about the future of t-shirt design.
You will be introduced to techniques through group demonstrations and benefit from one-to-one tutorials.
What will I gain?
By the end of the course, you’ll have gained an understanding of how design software can be used to digitally reproduce your designs for commercial use.
Entry requirement: You should have professional or academic interest in t-shirt design. Whilst no software experience is required, you should be confident in saving files and basic computer functions.
If booking with a CraftCourses voucher for part or all of the course fee, please fill in the contact form above. Your voucher code must be provided at the point of booking.
What's included in the price?
One week of quality tuition with experienced tutor. Maximum class size: 10
This craft course provider has been awarded Bronze status for receiving 1 or more 5 star ratings from previous students.
The Students' Choice award ensures that course providers get recognised for their efforts in the teaching and practice of UK craft.
They also allow tutors to gain valuable feedback on their courses and for new students to find the course that's right for them.